Carpenter Job Description:
The Carpenter is responsible for a full range of rough and finished skilled carpentry work. He or she should exhibit good judgment, high ethical standards, good oral and written communication skills, and have strong leadership abilities and the ability to work independently. High performance and customer service is J.E.P. Contracting, Inc.standard and is expected of all our employees. The ideal carpenter is, organized and considerate to all co-workers, subcontractors and clients.
- Assist in the installation of all dust, safety, and security protections before any work is started on the project.
- Review daily plan prepared by the Lead Carpenter at the end of each day in preparation of the following day’s goals.
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients
- On Site Carpentry, as assigned by the Lead Carpenter/Production Manager
- Receiving deliveries and on-site or off-site storage sign receipts, and check to ensure proper quantities and quality.
- Returning undamaged materials that cannot be used at the first available time.
- Storing materials in a way that reduces damage after they are delivered to the site.
- Instruct and direct laborers and other construction trade helpers
- Erect scaffolding and staging in location determined by the lead with the help of apprentice or team member on site.
- Responsible for having your own tools based on tool list
- Responsible for taking care of company tools, and equipment, and notify Lead-Carpenter of any required maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
Communication: All customer communication must pass through Lead Carpenter unless alone on site then make sure it goes into a Builders Trend daily log.
- Protecting the client’s property while working on the job site from theft, damage or weather related loss.
- Protecting any items that will be re-used that cannot be removed from construction area.
- Maintaining site cleanliness to J.E.P. Contracting standards and beyond.
- Adhering to company policies regarding safety, foul language, drugs, drinking and smoking
- Adhering to J.E.P. Contracting safety manual, and OSHA regulations at the job site
Requirements to be a Carpenter:
- Professional Appearance
- Be able to read architectural drawings.
- Must have and maintain a driver’s licence
- 10 hours a year of continued training to include OSHA, RRP
- 3-5 years of documented experience
- Basic working knowledge of a computer I.E. e-mail and ability to learn new cloud based software