Apprentice Carpenter Job Description:
The Apprentice Carpenter is responsible for a full range of rough carpentry work. He or she should exhibit good judgment, high ethical standards, good oral and written communication skills, and have strong ability to work independently. High performance and customer service is J.E.P. Contracting, Inc.standard and is expected of all our employees. The ideal apprentice carpenter is, motivated and considerate to all co-workers, subcontractors and clients.
- Assist in the installation of all dust, safety, and security protections before any work is started on the project.
- Assist in Job Site set up and clean up daily
- Review daily plan prepared by the Lead Carpenter at the end of each day in preparation of the following day’s goals.
- Assist with any on site Carpentry, as assigned by the Lead Carpenter/Production Manager
- Receiving deliveries and on-site or off-site storage sign receipts, and check to ensure proper quantities and quality.
- Storing materials in a way that reduces damage after they are delivered to the site.
- Assist in Erecting the scaffolding and staging in location determined by the lead with the help of team member on site.
- Responsible for having your own tools based on tool list
- Other duties as assigned by LC or PM
Communication: All customer communication must pass through Lead Carpenter take notes if needed but make sure when possible to revert all info to Lead Carpenter
- Protecting the client’s property while working on the job site from theft, damage or weather related loss.
- Protecting any items that will be re-used that cannot be removed from construction area.
- Maintaining site cleanliness to J.E.P. Contracting standards and beyond.
- Adhering to company policies regarding safety, foul language, drugs, drinking and smoking
- Adhering to J.E.P. Contracting safety manual, and OSHA regulations at the job site
Requirements to be a apprentice carpenter:
- Professional Appearance
- Must have and maintain a driver’s licence
- 10 hours a year of continued training to include OSHA, RRP
- 1-3 years of documented experience
- Basic working knowledge of a computer I.E. e-mail and ability to learn new cloud computing